I ordered a pair of black chemical gloves from eBay, unfortunately the seller contacted me a day or two later and said they had been damaged when they had gone to send them. I was thoroughly disappointed and was speaking to my boyfriends parents about it. I had completely forgotten that my boyfriends father worked in a chemical plant, so he managed to get me a pair from work! They were exactly what I wanted but had some white writing at the top which I wanted to try and cover. I tried shading the writing in with a permanent marked but didn't like the way it looked:
I then tried some acetone to remove the pen and it removed the writing too!
So I used it on the other glove too and they look great:
I ordered my belt from an army shop online, and ordered a set of belt fobs from one of the guys on the forum:
I purchased my boots from eBay, I didn't realise until they came that they were fur lined! They're very comfy though:
As an added extra I wanted to put my memorial patch for Harold Ramis onto my uniform but I didn't want to stitch it on. So I bought a memorial arm band and stitched the patch to that:
Leg Hose Connector:
My leg hose connector I bought from Nick-a-Tron props:
I'd asked on the fan page what the best way was to attach it to the uniform, stitching seemed to be the best option so I went with that. Luckily I already had some thread about the right colour:
I had seen a tutorial on the forum for how to make your own leg hose so I thought I'd do mine that way. I purchased the supplies but had trouble with the paint not staying on the hose as it was drying. The first time I tried it I hung the hose over my bath to dry and all the paint just ended up leaking out and leaving the hose with hardly any colour. I assumed that it had been the way I'd left it to dry so I tried a second time, this time keeping the paint in the tube longer and I left it to dry lying on the floor this time. It did the same thing and dried horribly as the photo below shows:
At this point it was a week before LFCC (London Film and Comic Convention) which was when I wanted to have the uniform finished for. I was stressing out and panicking when my boyfriend suggested water cooling tubing. We have both custom built out computers and he had installed his own water cooling system but it just hadn't occurred to me to try something like that. I looked on the Scan website and found some that looked the right size and colour so I ordered it. When it came it was spot on so I just cut it to size and then put the fob on the end:
So that is it for my uniform! My next project will be to start on some props to accompany the uniform, I will probably be starting with the belt gizmo and will eventually be building a proton pack as well as many other props.
I wanted to have the uniform finished for LFCC and in that I was successful! I received my clearance for the UK Ghostbusters on the Thursday before the convention (the day before). I'm going to do a post with all the details of the con so for now I will leave you with a picture of the finished uniform: